It is ironic to think that social media has prompted its own demise. What? I know that is a bold statement, although not one that is wholly untrue. Why would we think about reinventing social media?
Quite simply because many aspects of its function do not promote healthy conversation nor deeply enriching learning experiences. I recall when I received the notification from Facebook messenger. It was from someone I had only met via social media. When the tone rang in my ears I never thought that together we might change the way people interact.
Did we consider reinventing social media from the outset? Absolutely not!
Back when we began this journey some ten months ago. Joshua and Diana Robertson, myself, and four others came together to manifest a game-changing idea. The idea was to create a space where people could learn and grow. A place where the goal was to expand their awareness, raise their vibration, and come to higher levels of consciousness. It was a tall order, but one that we all believed in with open hearts and open minds.
Since then hundreds have rallied to our clarion call and we find ourselves amidst a growing community. This community we created was based on creativity, curiosity, compassion, respectful discourse, deep learning, gratitude and much more. To this day, we still hold these values sacred.
We have grown! It is because of our community! Because of YOU!
Today we have a site full of expert practitioners ready to serve you. We also have an online course academy with over fifty courses and webinars. Then throw in a growing social media presence and you’d think that we were there. Right? Not quite.
All of these things are great signs of growth for a company, but they aren’t really the aim. You see it is our community that remains our primary goal. Your health and well-being across the holistic spectrum is our focus. You see we were talking a lot. Hell we were talking AT you. Boy did we talk via podcasts, seminars on Facebook Live, on Instagram TV, and via articles, and online courses. What we didn’t realize was that was in-congruent to our aim, we needed something game-changing. Why would a holistic mind, body spirit company build a social media network?
Our community needed a space to express their voices!
One of our proudest features, built specifically for our community, is the Grove. This social media network was designed to be a sacred space where people of all walks of life can gather. A place to learn and grow instead of criticize and demean, something many social networks have failed to promote. Now this isn’t a bash session on popular platforms. We simply found that the structure of said platforms didn’t fit our mission. So we decided to create our own platform.
We created The Grove to bring you together with equally passionate people ready for something new. We believe in the power of community! The Power of You!
Reinventing Social Media
A few things you’ll see quickly that make The Grove different from other social media platforms. (Like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others)
- It’s Ours. As we build this community together, we have some great features for creating exclusive content, deeper conversations, richer learning experiences. When you add in online or in-real-life events it takes things to the next level. Plus, by building this community off social media, you can have a more efficient and valuable experience. Not only with us but more importantly with each other.
- Your voice and ideas matter. We built the space for you to have access to a safe and sacred space to express and grow. We welcome all people from all walks with only one request. Respect the sacredness of the space with mindful communication. Trolls need not apply! Unless you are literally a troll from Norse mythology, cause that would be cool.
- Expert testimony from people who have real world experience in holistic topics. We recognize that everyone has a right to their belief or opinion. What we strive to provide for you is evidence and experience based information, techniques and practices. We vigorously vet our experts, writers and practitioners so that you can trust the content we provide.
- There are More Ways for You to Meet Each Other. There are more ways for you to meet people. Meet people who are near you, who fall into the same categories, or who care about the same topics. We can’t get this in free groups or on a website elsewhere.
- We Can Bring Together Content and Community. This means we can bring you new, fresh ideas and new practices that you can take into your daily life.
- Lifetime Free Access. Like many social media platforms we have compartmentalized specialized content like Yoga, Philosophy, Healing Modalities and spiritual traditions. We call them Circles. While one day we may charge for access to exclusive content, the main feed with always be free. Knowledge should never come with a prohibitory price tag.
What You Should Expect From The Grove
We’re aiming to make your experience here awesome. We want you to get five key things from The Grove:
- Get exclusive content and conversations you can’t find anywhere else.
- Meet people who share your interests. Meet people who live near you, who do the same things, or who care about the same topics.
- Make better, more well-informed decisions about the things that are most important to you and your health.
- Swap stories, experiences, and ideas (not necessarily advice) around our shared mission of higher consciousness, healing and increased self-awareness.
- Find a little inspiration, thought-provoking conversations, and expert perspective each and every day.
- Learn about holistic practices that aim to strengthen and heal mind, body and spirit.
- Enjoy topics like yoga, alchemy, tarot, mindful eating, meditation, astral projection and much more.
To truly reinvent social media and make our dream a reality, we’re going to need your help. Every time you contribute a story, experience, or idea, you’re building a knowledge base. Because of this every member of this community can tap to make better decisions. When you invite in as few as two new members, you’re adding rocket fuel to what this community can accomplish together. It doesn’t get any better than that.
And when you invite in just one more member, you’re adding rocket fuel to what this community can accomplish together. It’s why we’re here and why we’re grateful you’re here with us as well.
What is the Grove? A social media platform based on community, compassion and creative voices for expanded awareness and higher consciousness. Our goal to reinvent the social media experience!